- Our Sites
- The News-Gazette
- NewsTalk 1400 WDWS-AM
- Lite Rock 97.5 WHMS
- 107.9 WKIO
- Community News
1. Contest Dates July 1, 2015 thru July 31, 2015, with weekly prizes awarded. A total of $250 will be awarded during the contest period. The $250 will be broken down into 5 weekly drawings of $50.00 per week.
Period 1: Fake ad 1: ad will run Thursday, July 2, 2015, drawing for the winner will be held on Thursday, July 9, 2015 at 12:00 pm
Period 2: Fake Ad 2: Ad will run Thursday, July 9, 2015, drawing for the winner will be held on Thursday, July 16, 2015 at 12:00 pm
Period 3: Fake Ad 3: Ad will run Thursday, July 16, 2015, drawing for the winner will be held on Thursday, July 23, 2015 at 12:00 pm.
Period 4: Fake Ad 4: Ad will run Thursday, July 23, 2015, drawing for the winner will be held on Thursday, July 30, 2015 at 12:00 pm
Period 5: Fake Ad 5: Ad will run Thursday, July 30 2015, drawing for the winner will be held on Thursday, August 6, 2015 at 12:00 pm
2. An obviously fake line ad will run in classified each week. The purpose of the contest is for readers to find the ad, and submit the ad to the Mahomet Citizen Classified Department. A winner will be selected, by a random drawing from all correct entries submitted. One $50.00 prize will be awarded, per week to the name drawn. Entrants can win only one time.
3. A different ad will run each week, for 5 consecutive weeks, in different classifications.
4. A $50.00 weekly prize will be awarded, to one winner.
5. Entries must include the contestants name, address, email address, phone number, and a copy of the fake ad submitted on the official Mahomet Citizen entry form. The official entry form will appear each week in the Mahomet Citizen classified section or a copy may be picked up at the Mahomet Citizen, 303 E Main St, Mahomet, IL Entries may be submitted by US Mail, Fax, email or dropped off at the Mahomet Citizen, 303 E Main Street, Mahomet, Il. 61853, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday: 9:00 – 4:00 pm, Thursday: 9:00 am – 12:00 pm,
Entries sent via the US Postal Service, should be sent to:
Fake Ad Contest
PO Box 919
Mahomet, IL 61853
Faxed entries should be faxed to: 217-586-4821
email entries should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
6. All entries for each period must be received before the date of the drawing for that period in order to be eligible for that week’s drawing. Mahomet Citizen is not responsible for entries received after deadlines.
7. Prizes will be mailed to winners.
8. No purchase required.
9. Employees of The News-Gazette, Inc., News-Gazette Community Newspapers and D.W.S., Inc. and their immediate household, i.e. people who live in the same household as the employee, are not eligible to win.
10. Decisions of The News-Gazette, Inc. on all matters concerning this contest, including, but not limited to, the verification of a winner, the interpretation of these rules, or the creation of further rules, are final and binding on all parties. Interpretation of rules or creation of further rules can have retroactive effect.